Sikh community should be given benefits of minorities in J&K
Jammu: The Sikh community in the state, which is in minority in Jammu and Kashmir, should be extended all the benefits enjoyed by minorities in other parts of the country, senior BJP leader SS Ahluwalia on Sunday demanded.
Addressing a 1-day long `Sikh Sammelan` here, he said the party will support all genuine demands of the community, in order to address their grievances.
He also asked for follow up on the 1994 resolution of the Parliament that PoK is part of India and said the claim on evacuee property by refugees should be entertained and possession be given to them.
BJP State Chief Shamsher Singh Manhas claimed the state of the community was not well in the Valley due to discrimination.
The saffron party`s spokesperson Dr Jitendra Singh also expressed grave concern over the "growing disenchantment" among the members of the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31