Sikh community should be given benefits of minorities in J&K
Jammu: The Sikh community in the state, which is in minority in Jammu and Kashmir, should be extended all the benefits enjoyed by minorities in other parts of the country, senior BJP leader SS Ahluwalia on Sunday demanded.
Addressing a 1-day long `Sikh Sammelan` here, he said the party will support all genuine demands of the community, in order to address their grievances.
He also asked for follow up on the 1994 resolution of the Parliament that PoK is part of India and said the claim on evacuee property by refugees should be entertained and possession be given to them.
BJP State Chief Shamsher Singh Manhas claimed the state of the community was not well in the Valley due to discrimination.
The saffron party`s spokesperson Dr Jitendra Singh also expressed grave concern over the "growing disenchantment" among the members of the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre