Six arrested for gambling in Kashmir
Srinagar: Six persons, including two
employees of Kashmir University, were arrested on Sunday near here
on gambling charges, police said.
Police, acting on a tip-off, arrested them from an
orchard in Shuhama-Zakoora, 15-km from here, an official
spokesman said, adding that Rs 29,560 at the stake was also
seized in the raid.
A case under section 13 of Gambling Act has been
registered against the arrested persons, including two
employees of Kashmir University, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31