Six arrested for gambling in Kashmir
Srinagar: Six persons, including two
employees of Kashmir University, were arrested on Sunday near here
on gambling charges, police said.
Police, acting on a tip-off, arrested them from an
orchard in Shuhama-Zakoora, 15-km from here, an official
spokesman said, adding that Rs 29,560 at the stake was also
seized in the raid.
A case under section 13 of Gambling Act has been
registered against the arrested persons, including two
employees of Kashmir University, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory