Srinagar on anti-encroachment drive
Srinagar: Srinagar Municipal Corporation
on Wednesday started a special anti-encroachment drive in the
city, including in the commercial hub Lal Chowk and adjoining
The special anti-encroachment drive was launched in
collaboration with the traffic police for removal of
encroachments in Lal chowk, Hari Singh High Street, Maharaj
Bazaar and Lal Ded crossing, an official said.
Traders` federation and local trade unions have been
directed to instruct shopkeepers not to hawk their goods on
footpaths and those found doing so will be reprimanded, he
"Their goods will be seized on the spot and strict
action will be taken against defaulters," said the official,
adding that the drive would soon be extended to other areas of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece