Sushilkumar Shinde likely to visit Kashmir on Tuesday
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is expected to visit some border areas of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday in wake of spurt in ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces, official sources said.
Shinde will review the security situation along the border as well as in the state and is likely to visit some border areas in Jammu region manned by the Border Security Force (BSF), the sources said. The BSF is under administrative control of home ministry.
There has been tension along the international border in Jammu region following unprovoked firing by Pakistan Rangers at 25 places Friday night.
BSF has lodged a protest with the Rangers over the firing.
There have been several incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces along the Line of Control (LoC) and the international border in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant