Sushilkumar Shinde likely to visit Kashmir on Tuesday
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is expected to visit some border areas of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday in wake of spurt in ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces, official sources said.
Shinde will review the security situation along the border as well as in the state and is likely to visit some border areas in Jammu region manned by the Border Security Force (BSF), the sources said. The BSF is under administrative control of home ministry.
There has been tension along the international border in Jammu region following unprovoked firing by Pakistan Rangers at 25 places Friday night.
BSF has lodged a protest with the Rangers over the firing.
There have been several incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces along the Line of Control (LoC) and the international border in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'