Sushilkumar Shinde likely to visit Kashmir on Tuesday
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is expected to visit some border areas of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday in wake of spurt in ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces, official sources said.
Shinde will review the security situation along the border as well as in the state and is likely to visit some border areas in Jammu region manned by the Border Security Force (BSF), the sources said. The BSF is under administrative control of home ministry.
There has been tension along the international border in Jammu region following unprovoked firing by Pakistan Rangers at 25 places Friday night.
BSF has lodged a protest with the Rangers over the firing.
There have been several incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces along the Line of Control (LoC) and the international border in the state.
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment