Sushilkumar Shinde likely to visit Kashmir on Tuesday
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is expected to visit some border areas of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday in wake of spurt in ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces, official sources said.
Shinde will review the security situation along the border as well as in the state and is likely to visit some border areas in Jammu region manned by the Border Security Force (BSF), the sources said. The BSF is under administrative control of home ministry.
There has been tension along the international border in Jammu region following unprovoked firing by Pakistan Rangers at 25 places Friday night.
BSF has lodged a protest with the Rangers over the firing.
There have been several incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces along the Line of Control (LoC) and the international border in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof