Sushilkumar Shinde likely to visit Kashmir on Tuesday
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is expected to visit some border areas of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday in wake of spurt in ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces, official sources said.
Shinde will review the security situation along the border as well as in the state and is likely to visit some border areas in Jammu region manned by the Border Security Force (BSF), the sources said. The BSF is under administrative control of home ministry.
There has been tension along the international border in Jammu region following unprovoked firing by Pakistan Rangers at 25 places Friday night.
BSF has lodged a protest with the Rangers over the firing.
There have been several incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistani forces along the Line of Control (LoC) and the international border in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal