Suspected woman conduit of militants released
Srinagar: A local court on Friday released
on bail an alleged woman conduit of militants, who was
arrested after the IED attack on Sopore police station in
north Kashmir Baramulla district.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Sopore granted bail to
Quratul Ain on an application moved by her counsel.
On July 19, the court had sent her to seven days`
police remand as the prosecution pleaded that she was deeply
involved in militancy-related activities in north and central
Ain had visited Harwan in Srinagar and Lolab in north
Kashmir Kupwara district frequently over the past one year,
the prosecution had maintained.
The woman was arrested six days after militants
carried out a rifle grenade attack on Sopore police station
followed by an IED explosion. One policeman was killed in the
incident on July 6.
Army and police have maintained that militants
involved in the attack on the police station were killed in an
encounter on July 15 in Lolab area.
While one of the slain militants was based in Harwan
area, the other ultra was based in Lolab. Police sources
claim that the woman was acting as a link between these
Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah
Geelani has called for a strike tomorrow in support of demand
for unconditional release of the woman.
A Hurriyat spokesman, however, said they will continue
with their protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre