Suspected woman conduit of militants released
Srinagar: A local court on Friday released
on bail an alleged woman conduit of militants, who was
arrested after the IED attack on Sopore police station in
north Kashmir Baramulla district.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Sopore granted bail to
Quratul Ain on an application moved by her counsel.
On July 19, the court had sent her to seven days`
police remand as the prosecution pleaded that she was deeply
involved in militancy-related activities in north and central
Ain had visited Harwan in Srinagar and Lolab in north
Kashmir Kupwara district frequently over the past one year,
the prosecution had maintained.
The woman was arrested six days after militants
carried out a rifle grenade attack on Sopore police station
followed by an IED explosion. One policeman was killed in the
incident on July 6.
Army and police have maintained that militants
involved in the attack on the police station were killed in an
encounter on July 15 in Lolab area.
While one of the slain militants was based in Harwan
area, the other ultra was based in Lolab. Police sources
claim that the woman was acting as a link between these
Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah
Geelani has called for a strike tomorrow in support of demand
for unconditional release of the woman.
A Hurriyat spokesman, however, said they will continue
with their protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic