Teacher among 3 arrested for rape incidents in J&K
Jammu: Three persons, including a teacher,
have been arrested for allegedly being involved in the rape of two minor girls in R S Pura and Bari Brahamana areas of Jammu province, police said here Friday.
In R S Pura, a teacher of a Government Middle School in
Kaloyan was held for allegedly raping a 14-year-old student of
the same school earlier this month.
A case has been registered against Kuldeep Raj, who had
been absconding ever since he had raped the 8th standard student, police said.
In Bari Brahamana, police rescued a minor girl who had
been kidnapped and allegedly raped by two persons.
The girl, who was kept hidden inside a big pit in the
ground that had a tractor trolley parked over it, was found in
Doulian village after police raided different places in the
area, police said.
The accused were identified as Mohammad Arif alias Chhotu
of Bihar and Mushtaq Ahmed of Kartholi area in Jammu, and a
case has been registered against them, police said.
They were acting on a complaint filed by Gopal Dass,
the girl`s father who is a labourer from Bihar. The girl was
handed over to her parents, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch