Teacher among 3 arrested for rape incidents in J&K
Jammu: Three persons, including a teacher,
have been arrested for allegedly being involved in the rape of two minor girls in R S Pura and Bari Brahamana areas of Jammu province, police said here Friday.
In R S Pura, a teacher of a Government Middle School in
Kaloyan was held for allegedly raping a 14-year-old student of
the same school earlier this month.
A case has been registered against Kuldeep Raj, who had
been absconding ever since he had raped the 8th standard student, police said.
In Bari Brahamana, police rescued a minor girl who had
been kidnapped and allegedly raped by two persons.
The girl, who was kept hidden inside a big pit in the
ground that had a tractor trolley parked over it, was found in
Doulian village after police raided different places in the
area, police said.
The accused were identified as Mohammad Arif alias Chhotu
of Bihar and Mushtaq Ahmed of Kartholi area in Jammu, and a
case has been registered against them, police said.
They were acting on a complaint filed by Gopal Dass,
the girl`s father who is a labourer from Bihar. The girl was
handed over to her parents, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation