Teacher among 3 arrested for rape incidents in J&K
Jammu: Three persons, including a teacher,
have been arrested for allegedly being involved in the rape of two minor girls in R S Pura and Bari Brahamana areas of Jammu province, police said here Friday.
In R S Pura, a teacher of a Government Middle School in
Kaloyan was held for allegedly raping a 14-year-old student of
the same school earlier this month.
A case has been registered against Kuldeep Raj, who had
been absconding ever since he had raped the 8th standard student, police said.
In Bari Brahamana, police rescued a minor girl who had
been kidnapped and allegedly raped by two persons.
The girl, who was kept hidden inside a big pit in the
ground that had a tractor trolley parked over it, was found in
Doulian village after police raided different places in the
area, police said.
The accused were identified as Mohammad Arif alias Chhotu
of Bihar and Mushtaq Ahmed of Kartholi area in Jammu, and a
case has been registered against them, police said.
They were acting on a complaint filed by Gopal Dass,
the girl`s father who is a labourer from Bihar. The girl was
handed over to her parents, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4