Teacher among 3 arrested for rape incidents in J&K
Jammu: Three persons, including a teacher,
have been arrested for allegedly being involved in the rape of two minor girls in R S Pura and Bari Brahamana areas of Jammu province, police said here Friday.
In R S Pura, a teacher of a Government Middle School in
Kaloyan was held for allegedly raping a 14-year-old student of
the same school earlier this month.
A case has been registered against Kuldeep Raj, who had
been absconding ever since he had raped the 8th standard student, police said.
In Bari Brahamana, police rescued a minor girl who had
been kidnapped and allegedly raped by two persons.
The girl, who was kept hidden inside a big pit in the
ground that had a tractor trolley parked over it, was found in
Doulian village after police raided different places in the
area, police said.
The accused were identified as Mohammad Arif alias Chhotu
of Bihar and Mushtaq Ahmed of Kartholi area in Jammu, and a
case has been registered against them, police said.
They were acting on a complaint filed by Gopal Dass,
the girl`s father who is a labourer from Bihar. The girl was
handed over to her parents, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal