Terrorism issue should be taken up more seriously: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Sunday said that a statement of French Defence Minister about concentration of terrorists in Pakistan should have been taken more seriously by the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government.
"The concentration of terrorists in Pakistan should have been taken seriously by central and state governments," Panun Kashmir president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo said in a meeting of Political Affairs Committee of the party.
The meeting expressed concern over the concentration of terrorists from across the border in Jammu and Kashmir and particularly in Kashmir Valley.
"It is a cause of great concern that the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir has been allowed to drift to such a level that it has become a major worry for the society in general," Chrungoo said.
He was referring to the statement of French Defence Minister Jean-Vyes Le Drian in July about certain developments in Pakistan including "the concentration of terrorists in Pakistan".
Drian had said, "Everyone knows that terrorists continue to be present in Pakistan and the international terrorist networks take advantage of the certain relays. This concentration of terrorist elements is all the more worrisome as this is a country armed with nuclear weapons."
Chrungoo said, "The Indian stand that the concentration of terrorist elements is disturbing has not, unfortunately, been reflective in its utterances and action on the ground.
"Keran (Kashmir), Mendhar, Samba and Poonch (Jammu) episodes are symptoms of a bigger conspiracy and need to be dealt in a more proactive manner than to wait for the unfortunate events to happen," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy