Trans-LoC bus service resumes
Srinagar/Poonch: The trans-LoC bus service on Monday resumed after remaining suspended for two weeks following a deadlock over the arrest of a driver from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir on drug trafficking charges.
Bus services resumed on two routes --Srinagar-Muzaffarbad and Poonch-Rawalakote.
Bus on Srinagar-Muzaffarbad route, carrying 28 passengers reached Kaman Post -- the zero point on Line of Control in Uri sector of Baramulla district -- shortly before Noon, officials said.
They said the passengers including 10 PoK residents, who returned home after visiting their relatives in the Valley, and 18 Indian citizens headed for their relatives` homes in PoK.
On Poonch-Rawalakote road, 164 members of divided families travelled on bus via Chakan-Da-Bagh border point.
As many as 72 people crossed over to PoK from J&K, while 92 crossed came to J&K from PoK, they said.
Officials of JK and PoK monitored the crossover operation at the point.
PoK authorities had suspended both travel and trade on the routes after 110 packets of brown sugar worth Rs 100 crore were recovered from a truck coming from across the LoC on January 17. The driver of the vehicle was arrested.
In retaliation, the PoK authorities had also detained 27 Indian drivers and their trucks, demanding release of the arrested driver. They also refused to take back 48 other PoK drivers till their demand was met.
The officials from two sides held several meetings to break the deadlock and during the latest round of talks on January 30 decided to resume the Bus service.
They also decided to continue the talks to work out a solution to the impasse in the trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city