Twelve injured in Sopore clashes
Srinagar: At least 12 persons, including a pregnant woman and nine security personnel, were injured as clashes between protesters and law enforcing agencies rocked different parts of north Kashmir`s Sopore township on Saturday, police said.
The protesters pelted stones on shopkeepers as they tried to open their outlets in various areas in Sopore and also damaged about two dozen private vehicles, a police spokesman said here.
Many people, including a pregnant woman and a two-year-old child named Tabish received injuries in the clashes, he said.
He said the security forces chased away the protesters and in the ensuing clashes Sopore SHO Tarzu (Amargarh) and five other policemen and three CRPF personnel were injured.
Shops in some parts of the town opened later and roads were also cleared off the protesters, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof