Twelve injured in Sopore clashes
Srinagar: At least 12 persons, including a pregnant woman and nine security personnel, were injured as clashes between protesters and law enforcing agencies rocked different parts of north Kashmir`s Sopore township on Saturday, police said.
The protesters pelted stones on shopkeepers as they tried to open their outlets in various areas in Sopore and also damaged about two dozen private vehicles, a police spokesman said here.
Many people, including a pregnant woman and a two-year-old child named Tabish received injuries in the clashes, he said.
He said the security forces chased away the protesters and in the ensuing clashes Sopore SHO Tarzu (Amargarh) and five other policemen and three CRPF personnel were injured.
Shops in some parts of the town opened later and roads were also cleared off the protesters, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30