Two held, six kgs narcotics seized in Jammu
Jammu: Two persons have been arrested and
six kg of narcotics recovered from their possession in two separate incidents in Jammu, police said Friday.
Acting on a tip off, police intercepted a truck
yesterday at Narwal in Jammu city and recovered four kg of cannabis from it.
The truck driver, Abdul Aziz, a resident of Anantnag in the Kashmir Valley, was arrested, police said.
In another incident, an alleged drug peddler from Bari Brahamana area of Jammu was arrested and two kgs of poppy straw was recovered from him, they said.
The accused has been identified as Yashpaul, they
said, adding that cases under NDPS Act have been registered
against the two.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India