Two held, six kgs narcotics seized in Jammu
Jammu: Two persons have been arrested and
six kg of narcotics recovered from their possession in two separate incidents in Jammu, police said Friday.
Acting on a tip off, police intercepted a truck
yesterday at Narwal in Jammu city and recovered four kg of cannabis from it.
The truck driver, Abdul Aziz, a resident of Anantnag in the Kashmir Valley, was arrested, police said.
In another incident, an alleged drug peddler from Bari Brahamana area of Jammu was arrested and two kgs of poppy straw was recovered from him, they said.
The accused has been identified as Yashpaul, they
said, adding that cases under NDPS Act have been registered
against the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble