Two held, six kgs narcotics seized in Jammu
Jammu: Two persons have been arrested and
six kg of narcotics recovered from their possession in two separate incidents in Jammu, police said Friday.
Acting on a tip off, police intercepted a truck
yesterday at Narwal in Jammu city and recovered four kg of cannabis from it.
The truck driver, Abdul Aziz, a resident of Anantnag in the Kashmir Valley, was arrested, police said.
In another incident, an alleged drug peddler from Bari Brahamana area of Jammu was arrested and two kgs of poppy straw was recovered from him, they said.
The accused has been identified as Yashpaul, they
said, adding that cases under NDPS Act have been registered
against the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list