Two held, six kgs narcotics seized in Jammu
Jammu: Two persons have been arrested and
six kg of narcotics recovered from their possession in two separate incidents in Jammu, police said Friday.
Acting on a tip off, police intercepted a truck
yesterday at Narwal in Jammu city and recovered four kg of cannabis from it.
The truck driver, Abdul Aziz, a resident of Anantnag in the Kashmir Valley, was arrested, police said.
In another incident, an alleged drug peddler from Bari Brahamana area of Jammu was arrested and two kgs of poppy straw was recovered from him, they said.
The accused has been identified as Yashpaul, they
said, adding that cases under NDPS Act have been registered
against the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US