Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu-Kashmir gunfight
Jammu: Two militants of the Hizbul Mujaheedin were killed in a gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, police said on Saturday.
"One militant was killed last (Friday) night while the other early Saturday morning," Doda Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Prabhat Singh told a news agency.
He said the security forces comprising police and the Indian Army laid cordon around the mountainous forest in Gandoh, about 180 km north-east of Jammu, Friday night following information about presence of a group of militants there.
The gunfight began late Friday evening after the contact with militants was established.
"Tanvir Ahmad, one of the killed militants, was the area commander of Hizbul while the other Zubair Ahmad was his close associate. The security forces recovered both the bodies today (Saturday) morning," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?