Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu-Kashmir gunfight
Jammu: Two militants of the Hizbul Mujaheedin were killed in a gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, police said on Saturday.
"One militant was killed last (Friday) night while the other early Saturday morning," Doda Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Prabhat Singh told a news agency.
He said the security forces comprising police and the Indian Army laid cordon around the mountainous forest in Gandoh, about 180 km north-east of Jammu, Friday night following information about presence of a group of militants there.
The gunfight began late Friday evening after the contact with militants was established.
"Tanvir Ahmad, one of the killed militants, was the area commander of Hizbul while the other Zubair Ahmad was his close associate. The security forces recovered both the bodies today (Saturday) morning," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!