Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu-Kashmir gunfight
Jammu: Two militants of the Hizbul Mujaheedin were killed in a gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, police said on Saturday.
"One militant was killed last (Friday) night while the other early Saturday morning," Doda Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Prabhat Singh told a news agency.
He said the security forces comprising police and the Indian Army laid cordon around the mountainous forest in Gandoh, about 180 km north-east of Jammu, Friday night following information about presence of a group of militants there.
The gunfight began late Friday evening after the contact with militants was established.
"Tanvir Ahmad, one of the killed militants, was the area commander of Hizbul while the other Zubair Ahmad was his close associate. The security forces recovered both the bodies today (Saturday) morning," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says