Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu-Kashmir gunfight
Jammu: Two militants of the Hizbul Mujaheedin were killed in a gunfight in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, police said on Saturday.
"One militant was killed last (Friday) night while the other early Saturday morning," Doda Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Prabhat Singh told a news agency.
He said the security forces comprising police and the Indian Army laid cordon around the mountainous forest in Gandoh, about 180 km north-east of Jammu, Friday night following information about presence of a group of militants there.
The gunfight began late Friday evening after the contact with militants was established.
"Tanvir Ahmad, one of the killed militants, was the area commander of Hizbul while the other Zubair Ahmad was his close associate. The security forces recovered both the bodies today (Saturday) morning," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?