Two LeT militants, accomplice arrested
Srinagar: Police on Monday claimed to have
arrested two militants of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and the driver
of their vehicle from Anantnag district of South Kashmir.
According to the police, they had set up a check point at
Khirram in Anantnag, 50 km from here, last night following
information about movement of militants in the area.
They said the cab in which the militants where travelling
was signalled to stop but the driver tried to flee from the
spot. The policemen then opened fire in which the driver and
one of the militants were injured.
The injured persons have been identified as Mohammad
Yousuf Lone, a LeT militant, and driver of the vehicle Nissar
The duo and another militant -- Abdul Hamid Bhat alias
Zulfikar -- were arrested while another ultra Sajad Ahmad Bhat
alias Gowhar managed to escape, the police said.
Two pistols, two hand grenades and some ammunition were
recovered from the possession of the arrested militants, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city