Two LeT militants, accomplice arrested
Srinagar: Police on Monday claimed to have
arrested two militants of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and the driver
of their vehicle from Anantnag district of South Kashmir.
According to the police, they had set up a check point at
Khirram in Anantnag, 50 km from here, last night following
information about movement of militants in the area.
They said the cab in which the militants where travelling
was signalled to stop but the driver tried to flee from the
spot. The policemen then opened fire in which the driver and
one of the militants were injured.
The injured persons have been identified as Mohammad
Yousuf Lone, a LeT militant, and driver of the vehicle Nissar
The duo and another militant -- Abdul Hamid Bhat alias
Zulfikar -- were arrested while another ultra Sajad Ahmad Bhat
alias Gowhar managed to escape, the police said.
Two pistols, two hand grenades and some ammunition were
recovered from the possession of the arrested militants, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan