Two LeT militants, accomplice arrested
Srinagar: Police on Monday claimed to have
arrested two militants of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and the driver
of their vehicle from Anantnag district of South Kashmir.
According to the police, they had set up a check point at
Khirram in Anantnag, 50 km from here, last night following
information about movement of militants in the area.
They said the cab in which the militants where travelling
was signalled to stop but the driver tried to flee from the
spot. The policemen then opened fire in which the driver and
one of the militants were injured.
The injured persons have been identified as Mohammad
Yousuf Lone, a LeT militant, and driver of the vehicle Nissar
The duo and another militant -- Abdul Hamid Bhat alias
Zulfikar -- were arrested while another ultra Sajad Ahmad Bhat
alias Gowhar managed to escape, the police said.
Two pistols, two hand grenades and some ammunition were
recovered from the possession of the arrested militants, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC