Unclaimed bag triggers bomb scare in Srinagar
Srinagar: An unattended bag outside the headquarters of Army`s 15 Corps here led to a bomb scare, resulting in a massive traffic jam on the Srinagar-Jammu National Highway on Monday.
A bag was found unattended near the main gate of Corps headquarters this morning by the Army personnel posted on duty there, official sources said.
They said a bomb disposal squad was called in to check the bag, which was later found to be containing clothes.
The incident had led to a security alarm as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is arriving on a two-day visit to the state tomorrow.
While the bomb disposal squad was on job, the traffic authorities diverted all the traffic through By Pass road, resulting in massive traffic jams en route.
Normal traffic movement was restored in the area half an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees