Unclaimed bag triggers bomb scare in Srinagar
Srinagar: An unattended bag outside the headquarters of Army`s 15 Corps here led to a bomb scare, resulting in a massive traffic jam on the Srinagar-Jammu National Highway on Monday.
A bag was found unattended near the main gate of Corps headquarters this morning by the Army personnel posted on duty there, official sources said.
They said a bomb disposal squad was called in to check the bag, which was later found to be containing clothes.
The incident had led to a security alarm as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is arriving on a two-day visit to the state tomorrow.
While the bomb disposal squad was on job, the traffic authorities diverted all the traffic through By Pass road, resulting in massive traffic jams en route.
Normal traffic movement was restored in the area half an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery