Unclaimed bag triggers bomb scare in Srinagar
Srinagar: An unattended bag outside the headquarters of Army`s 15 Corps here led to a bomb scare, resulting in a massive traffic jam on the Srinagar-Jammu National Highway on Monday.
A bag was found unattended near the main gate of Corps headquarters this morning by the Army personnel posted on duty there, official sources said.
They said a bomb disposal squad was called in to check the bag, which was later found to be containing clothes.
The incident had led to a security alarm as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is arriving on a two-day visit to the state tomorrow.
While the bomb disposal squad was on job, the traffic authorities diverted all the traffic through By Pass road, resulting in massive traffic jams en route.
Normal traffic movement was restored in the area half an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside