Unclaimed bag triggers bomb scare in Srinagar
Srinagar: An unattended bag outside the headquarters of Army`s 15 Corps here led to a bomb scare, resulting in a massive traffic jam on the Srinagar-Jammu National Highway on Monday.
A bag was found unattended near the main gate of Corps headquarters this morning by the Army personnel posted on duty there, official sources said.
They said a bomb disposal squad was called in to check the bag, which was later found to be containing clothes.
The incident had led to a security alarm as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is arriving on a two-day visit to the state tomorrow.
While the bomb disposal squad was on job, the traffic authorities diverted all the traffic through By Pass road, resulting in massive traffic jams en route.
Normal traffic movement was restored in the area half an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state