Srinagar: A 20-year-old woman was
electrocuted and another person injured when a high tension
electricity line fell on them in Baramulla district of north
Kashmir, a police spokesman said Monday.
The mishap took place at village Shirpora-Pattan, 30
kms from here, when the Power Development Department employees
were installing the electricity line yesterday, the spokesman
The 11,000 volt line suddenly fell on Mehmooda Bano, a
resident of Raipora village of Palhallan, they said, adding
she died on the spot.
Another person identified as Mohammad Ramzan Wani of
Shirpora was critically injured in the incident and was
hospitalised, the spokesman said, adding a case has been
registered in this regard.