Yasin Malik on hunger strike in Kashmir
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik on Thursday went on a daylong hunger strike, along with 30 party activists, in north Kashmir`s Nadihal village to protest the murders of three villagers in a staged shootout April 30.
"Acts like these are committed to suppress the ongoing freedom movement. The international community must investigate such crimes to expose the designs of the security forces to muzzle the voice of the freedom-seeking people of Kashmir," Malik told reporters in Srinagar before leaving for Nadihal village in Rafiabad.
Three local villagers -- Shahzad Ahmad Khan, Riyaz Ahmad Lone and Muhammad Shafi Lone -- were allegedly framed as separatist guerrillas and later killed in a staged shootout in north Kashmir`s Machil sector of the Line of Control (LOC), which divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan, April 30.
Police have arrested four people -- a soldier of the territorial army and three informers of the army -- for luring the three civilians to work as labourers for the army at a daily wage of Rs.2,000. An army officer has also been accused in the case.
The civilians were reportedly abducted April 27 and later killed in a staged shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog