Yasin Malik on hunger strike in Kashmir
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik on Thursday went on a daylong hunger strike, along with 30 party activists, in north Kashmir`s Nadihal village to protest the murders of three villagers in a staged shootout April 30.
"Acts like these are committed to suppress the ongoing freedom movement. The international community must investigate such crimes to expose the designs of the security forces to muzzle the voice of the freedom-seeking people of Kashmir," Malik told reporters in Srinagar before leaving for Nadihal village in Rafiabad.
Three local villagers -- Shahzad Ahmad Khan, Riyaz Ahmad Lone and Muhammad Shafi Lone -- were allegedly framed as separatist guerrillas and later killed in a staged shootout in north Kashmir`s Machil sector of the Line of Control (LOC), which divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan, April 30.
Police have arrested four people -- a soldier of the territorial army and three informers of the army -- for luring the three civilians to work as labourers for the army at a daily wage of Rs.2,000. An army officer has also been accused in the case.
The civilians were reportedly abducted April 27 and later killed in a staged shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan