12 more ex-govt officials sent to prison in fodder scam
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Thursday
sentenced 12 former officials of the Animal Husbandry
department to six years imprisonment for fraudulent withdrawal
of about Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda treasury here.
CBI judge A H Ansari sentenced former veterinarians
Sailendra Kumar Sinha, Mukesh Kumar Srivastav, H B M Islam,
Arvind Kumar, Umakant Yadav and C K Lal to five years
imprisonment and a fine of Rs five lakh, while Birsa Oraon was
awarded a six year prison term and a fine of Rs five lakh
Former treasury officials J N Choudhary and Rajendra
Pandey were sentenced to five years and a fine of Rupee five
lakh, Saket Bihari Lal, Madheswar Mishra and Ram Sevak Sahu
were given a prison term of four years and fined Rs one lakh
With the verdict, the CBI judge, completed pronouncing
the quantum of sentence to forty out of the 52 fodder accused
who were convicted on November 28.
The quantum of judgement against the remaining twelve
convicts would be delivered tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert