12 more ex-govt officials sent to prison in fodder scam
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Thursday
sentenced 12 former officials of the Animal Husbandry
department to six years imprisonment for fraudulent withdrawal
of about Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda treasury here.
CBI judge A H Ansari sentenced former veterinarians
Sailendra Kumar Sinha, Mukesh Kumar Srivastav, H B M Islam,
Arvind Kumar, Umakant Yadav and C K Lal to five years
imprisonment and a fine of Rs five lakh, while Birsa Oraon was
awarded a six year prison term and a fine of Rs five lakh
Former treasury officials J N Choudhary and Rajendra
Pandey were sentenced to five years and a fine of Rupee five
lakh, Saket Bihari Lal, Madheswar Mishra and Ram Sevak Sahu
were given a prison term of four years and fined Rs one lakh
With the verdict, the CBI judge, completed pronouncing
the quantum of sentence to forty out of the 52 fodder accused
who were convicted on November 28.
The quantum of judgement against the remaining twelve
convicts would be delivered tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi