12 more ex-govt officials sent to prison in fodder scam
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Thursday
sentenced 12 former officials of the Animal Husbandry
department to six years imprisonment for fraudulent withdrawal
of about Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda treasury here.
CBI judge A H Ansari sentenced former veterinarians
Sailendra Kumar Sinha, Mukesh Kumar Srivastav, H B M Islam,
Arvind Kumar, Umakant Yadav and C K Lal to five years
imprisonment and a fine of Rs five lakh, while Birsa Oraon was
awarded a six year prison term and a fine of Rs five lakh
Former treasury officials J N Choudhary and Rajendra
Pandey were sentenced to five years and a fine of Rupee five
lakh, Saket Bihari Lal, Madheswar Mishra and Ram Sevak Sahu
were given a prison term of four years and fined Rs one lakh
With the verdict, the CBI judge, completed pronouncing
the quantum of sentence to forty out of the 52 fodder accused
who were convicted on November 28.
The quantum of judgement against the remaining twelve
convicts would be delivered tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng
- 3D model demonstrates how sea waves transport materials within aquatic ecosystems
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan