20 lakh new voters among total electorate in Jharkhand
Ranchi: About 20 lakh new voters have been registered in Jharkhand for the General Elections.
"Out of the 20 lakh, the age group of 8.82 lakh voters is between 18 and 19," Chief Electoral Officer PK Jajoria told reporters.
He said 1,99,48,683 voters were eligible to cast their democratic right in 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand.
The state would go for polls on April 10, 17 and 24, the CEO said here.
Elections in Chatra, Koderma, Lohardaga, Palamau and Hazaribagh Lok Sabha seats would be held on April 10.
Giridih, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Singhbhum and Khunti would go for polls on April 17 while the electorate of Raj Mahal, Dumka, Godda and Dhanbad seats would vote on April 24, Jajoria said.
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya
- Secret Jaish-e-Muhammad training camp involved in Pathankot airbase attack traced
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump
- Google acquires start-up founded by Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court