20 lakh new voters among total electorate in Jharkhand
Ranchi: About 20 lakh new voters have been registered in Jharkhand for the General Elections.
"Out of the 20 lakh, the age group of 8.82 lakh voters is between 18 and 19," Chief Electoral Officer PK Jajoria told reporters.
He said 1,99,48,683 voters were eligible to cast their democratic right in 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand.
The state would go for polls on April 10, 17 and 24, the CEO said here.
Elections in Chatra, Koderma, Lohardaga, Palamau and Hazaribagh Lok Sabha seats would be held on April 10.
Giridih, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Singhbhum and Khunti would go for polls on April 17 while the electorate of Raj Mahal, Dumka, Godda and Dhanbad seats would vote on April 24, Jajoria said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai