300 boxes of explosives recovered in Jharkhand district
Gumla: A huge cache of explosives, including 6000 detonators, were today seized from a house in Gumla district and a man detained in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, security personnel comprising CRPF and Jharkhand Armed Police carried out raids at Bhainsbathan village and seized explosives hidden in about 300 boxes, Superintendent of Police M K Singh said here.
The boxes were packed with detonators, plastic explosives and safety fuse with each box having space for 100 detonators and safety fuse, he said.
Police detained a man identified as Etwa Oraon for questioning in connection with the case, he said, adding raids were still continuing based on his confessions.
The SP said the explosives were to be supplied to Sanjay Yadav, who broke away from CPI(Maoist) to float Chhattisgarh-Jharkhand Simanta Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love