300 boxes of explosives recovered in Jharkhand district
Gumla: A huge cache of explosives, including 6000 detonators, were today seized from a house in Gumla district and a man detained in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, security personnel comprising CRPF and Jharkhand Armed Police carried out raids at Bhainsbathan village and seized explosives hidden in about 300 boxes, Superintendent of Police M K Singh said here.
The boxes were packed with detonators, plastic explosives and safety fuse with each box having space for 100 detonators and safety fuse, he said.
Police detained a man identified as Etwa Oraon for questioning in connection with the case, he said, adding raids were still continuing based on his confessions.
The SP said the explosives were to be supplied to Sanjay Yadav, who broke away from CPI(Maoist) to float Chhattisgarh-Jharkhand Simanta Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme