300 boxes of explosives recovered in Jharkhand district
Gumla: A huge cache of explosives, including 6000 detonators, were today seized from a house in Gumla district and a man detained in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, security personnel comprising CRPF and Jharkhand Armed Police carried out raids at Bhainsbathan village and seized explosives hidden in about 300 boxes, Superintendent of Police M K Singh said here.
The boxes were packed with detonators, plastic explosives and safety fuse with each box having space for 100 detonators and safety fuse, he said.
Police detained a man identified as Etwa Oraon for questioning in connection with the case, he said, adding raids were still continuing based on his confessions.
The SP said the explosives were to be supplied to Sanjay Yadav, who broke away from CPI(Maoist) to float Chhattisgarh-Jharkhand Simanta Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works