300 boxes of explosives recovered in Jharkhand district
Gumla: A huge cache of explosives, including 6000 detonators, were today seized from a house in Gumla district and a man detained in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, security personnel comprising CRPF and Jharkhand Armed Police carried out raids at Bhainsbathan village and seized explosives hidden in about 300 boxes, Superintendent of Police M K Singh said here.
The boxes were packed with detonators, plastic explosives and safety fuse with each box having space for 100 detonators and safety fuse, he said.
Police detained a man identified as Etwa Oraon for questioning in connection with the case, he said, adding raids were still continuing based on his confessions.
The SP said the explosives were to be supplied to Sanjay Yadav, who broke away from CPI(Maoist) to float Chhattisgarh-Jharkhand Simanta Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read