72 MLAs take oath in newly formed Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Seventy two MLAs of the 81-member
assembly in Jharkhand today took oath on the first day of the
Protem Speaker, Teklal Mahto presided over the House
during the oath taking ceremony.
Earlier, on December 30, the leader of BJP legislative
party, Raghuvar Das and that of AJSU, Sudesh Mahto took oath
as cabinet ministers along with Chief Minister Sibu Soren.
A Lok Sabha member, Soren will have to win an assembly
seat within six months to retain his post as chief minister,
the seventh one since creation of Jharkhand in 2000.
Former Chief Minister, Madhu Koda`s wife, Geeta Koda, was
one of those who took oath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years