72 MLAs take oath in newly formed Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Seventy two MLAs of the 81-member
assembly in Jharkhand today took oath on the first day of the
Protem Speaker, Teklal Mahto presided over the House
during the oath taking ceremony.
Earlier, on December 30, the leader of BJP legislative
party, Raghuvar Das and that of AJSU, Sudesh Mahto took oath
as cabinet ministers along with Chief Minister Sibu Soren.
A Lok Sabha member, Soren will have to win an assembly
seat within six months to retain his post as chief minister,
the seventh one since creation of Jharkhand in 2000.
Former Chief Minister, Madhu Koda`s wife, Geeta Koda, was
one of those who took oath.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij