72 MLAs take oath in newly formed Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Seventy two MLAs of the 81-member
assembly in Jharkhand today took oath on the first day of the
Protem Speaker, Teklal Mahto presided over the House
during the oath taking ceremony.
Earlier, on December 30, the leader of BJP legislative
party, Raghuvar Das and that of AJSU, Sudesh Mahto took oath
as cabinet ministers along with Chief Minister Sibu Soren.
A Lok Sabha member, Soren will have to win an assembly
seat within six months to retain his post as chief minister,
the seventh one since creation of Jharkhand in 2000.
Former Chief Minister, Madhu Koda`s wife, Geeta Koda, was
one of those who took oath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...