Bangladeshis illegal stay, a threat to national security: RSS
Ranchi: RSS leader Krishna Gopal on Monday alleged that about three crore Bangladeshi nationals were illegally residing across the country, posing a threat to the national security.
"There are three crore Bangladeshis living illegally in many places of our country...They have become a big threat to national security," Gopal, the Sar Sarkaryavah (one of the second in the Sangh hierarchy) alleged here.
Claiming that Bangladeshis started entering Assam several decades ago, Gopal said, "After Independence one thought the intrusion would end, but it has continued."
Accusing the "intruders" of snatching livelihood of genuine citizens, he said the demography in Assam has changed due to the alleged settlements of Bangladeshi nationals there.
The RSS ideologue said he was pleased to see unity in Assam on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore