Bangladeshis illegal stay, a threat to national security: RSS
Ranchi: RSS leader Krishna Gopal on Monday alleged that about three crore Bangladeshi nationals were illegally residing across the country, posing a threat to the national security.
"There are three crore Bangladeshis living illegally in many places of our country...They have become a big threat to national security," Gopal, the Sar Sarkaryavah (one of the second in the Sangh hierarchy) alleged here.
Claiming that Bangladeshis started entering Assam several decades ago, Gopal said, "After Independence one thought the intrusion would end, but it has continued."
Accusing the "intruders" of snatching livelihood of genuine citizens, he said the demography in Assam has changed due to the alleged settlements of Bangladeshi nationals there.
The RSS ideologue said he was pleased to see unity in Assam on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference