Bangladeshis illegal stay, a threat to national security: RSS
Ranchi: RSS leader Krishna Gopal on Monday alleged that about three crore Bangladeshi nationals were illegally residing across the country, posing a threat to the national security.
"There are three crore Bangladeshis living illegally in many places of our country...They have become a big threat to national security," Gopal, the Sar Sarkaryavah (one of the second in the Sangh hierarchy) alleged here.
Claiming that Bangladeshis started entering Assam several decades ago, Gopal said, "After Independence one thought the intrusion would end, but it has continued."
Accusing the "intruders" of snatching livelihood of genuine citizens, he said the demography in Assam has changed due to the alleged settlements of Bangladeshi nationals there.
The RSS ideologue said he was pleased to see unity in Assam on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees