Bangladeshis illegal stay, a threat to national security: RSS
Ranchi: RSS leader Krishna Gopal on Monday alleged that about three crore Bangladeshi nationals were illegally residing across the country, posing a threat to the national security.
"There are three crore Bangladeshis living illegally in many places of our country...They have become a big threat to national security," Gopal, the Sar Sarkaryavah (one of the second in the Sangh hierarchy) alleged here.
Claiming that Bangladeshis started entering Assam several decades ago, Gopal said, "After Independence one thought the intrusion would end, but it has continued."
Accusing the "intruders" of snatching livelihood of genuine citizens, he said the demography in Assam has changed due to the alleged settlements of Bangladeshi nationals there.
The RSS ideologue said he was pleased to see unity in Assam on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen