CRPF constable kills 6 colleagues, shot dead
Ranchi: In a case of fratricide, a drunk CRPF constable allegedly opened indiscriminate fire at his colleagues, killing six of them, including an assistant commandant, before being shot dead in Jharkhand`s Saraikela district Friday night.
The constable Harpinder Singh of 196 battalion of CRPF, who was on sentry duty at a CRPF camp, started indiscriminately firing at his colleagues at 10 pm last night, a senior CRPF officer said today.
Six of his colleagues, including Assistant Commandant Bisahu Singh, were killed in the firing that lasted for four hours.
As Harpinder Singh continued to fire, CRPF personnel at the camp shot him dead at 0200 hours, the officer said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen