CRPF constable kills 6 colleagues, shot dead
Ranchi: In a case of fratricide, a drunk CRPF constable allegedly opened indiscriminate fire at his colleagues, killing six of them, including an assistant commandant, before being shot dead in Jharkhand`s Saraikela district Friday night.
The constable Harpinder Singh of 196 battalion of CRPF, who was on sentry duty at a CRPF camp, started indiscriminately firing at his colleagues at 10 pm last night, a senior CRPF officer said today.
Six of his colleagues, including Assistant Commandant Bisahu Singh, were killed in the firing that lasted for four hours.
As Harpinder Singh continued to fire, CRPF personnel at the camp shot him dead at 0200 hours, the officer said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA