CRPF constable kills 6 colleagues, shot dead
Ranchi: In a case of fratricide, a drunk CRPF constable allegedly opened indiscriminate fire at his colleagues, killing six of them, including an assistant commandant, before being shot dead in Jharkhand`s Saraikela district Friday night.
The constable Harpinder Singh of 196 battalion of CRPF, who was on sentry duty at a CRPF camp, started indiscriminately firing at his colleagues at 10 pm last night, a senior CRPF officer said today.
Six of his colleagues, including Assistant Commandant Bisahu Singh, were killed in the firing that lasted for four hours.
As Harpinder Singh continued to fire, CRPF personnel at the camp shot him dead at 0200 hours, the officer said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?