CRPF officer killed in anti-Naxal operation
Ranchi: A CRPF officer was today killed during an anti-Naxal operation in Jharkhand`s Giridih district.
The incident happened early today when a joint squad of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and state police was out for an operation in Lakheri area of Giridih district.
Officials said a heavy exchange of fire took place between the two sides and CRPF`s second-in-command H K Jha was seriously injured in the encounter.
"The officer later succumbed to his injuries.No other injuries have been inflicted on the forces side," a senior officer said.
During the operation, two Naxalites have been held with some arms and ammunition and a search operation has been launched in the area, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!