CRPF officer killed in anti-Naxal operation
Ranchi: A CRPF officer was today killed during an anti-Naxal operation in Jharkhand`s Giridih district.
The incident happened early today when a joint squad of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and state police was out for an operation in Lakheri area of Giridih district.
Officials said a heavy exchange of fire took place between the two sides and CRPF`s second-in-command H K Jha was seriously injured in the encounter.
"The officer later succumbed to his injuries.No other injuries have been inflicted on the forces side," a senior officer said.
During the operation, two Naxalites have been held with some arms and ammunition and a search operation has been launched in the area, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’