Demonstration by Ajsu demanding special status for Jharkhand
Ranchi: The Ajsu party on Tuesday staged demonstrations at headquarter towns of all 24 districts of Jharkhand demanding special status category for the state as it fulfills all criteria.
Leading the demonstration in Ranchi, party president and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto claimed that Jharkhand fulfilled all yardsticks for a special status state as per the Gadgil Formula.
Submitting a memorandum to Governor Syed Ahmed through Ranchi Deputy Commissioner Vinay Kumar Choubey, Mahto also referred to the recent report of the Raghuram Rajan Committee, which placed Jharkhand in the fifth place among backward states in the country.
Mahto, who called a statewide bandh on March 2 to press for his party`s demand, also alleged the people of the state were not getting certificates pertaining to caste, birth, death and scholarship on time and effective implementation of other welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested