Demonstration by Ajsu demanding special status for Jharkhand
Ranchi: The Ajsu party on Tuesday staged demonstrations at headquarter towns of all 24 districts of Jharkhand demanding special status category for the state as it fulfills all criteria.
Leading the demonstration in Ranchi, party president and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto claimed that Jharkhand fulfilled all yardsticks for a special status state as per the Gadgil Formula.
Submitting a memorandum to Governor Syed Ahmed through Ranchi Deputy Commissioner Vinay Kumar Choubey, Mahto also referred to the recent report of the Raghuram Rajan Committee, which placed Jharkhand in the fifth place among backward states in the country.
Mahto, who called a statewide bandh on March 2 to press for his party`s demand, also alleged the people of the state were not getting certificates pertaining to caste, birth, death and scholarship on time and effective implementation of other welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10
- Kremlin dismisses US Democratic email hack claims as `absurd`