Demonstration by Ajsu demanding special status for Jharkhand
Ranchi: The Ajsu party on Tuesday staged demonstrations at headquarter towns of all 24 districts of Jharkhand demanding special status category for the state as it fulfills all criteria.
Leading the demonstration in Ranchi, party president and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto claimed that Jharkhand fulfilled all yardsticks for a special status state as per the Gadgil Formula.
Submitting a memorandum to Governor Syed Ahmed through Ranchi Deputy Commissioner Vinay Kumar Choubey, Mahto also referred to the recent report of the Raghuram Rajan Committee, which placed Jharkhand in the fifth place among backward states in the country.
Mahto, who called a statewide bandh on March 2 to press for his party`s demand, also alleged the people of the state were not getting certificates pertaining to caste, birth, death and scholarship on time and effective implementation of other welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Islamic State men were planning to attack police station in Hyderabad after making powerful bombs: Report
- Pakistani TV actor shot in Karachi
- As Virat Kohli and co prepare for WI tour, MS Dhoni enjoys bike ride in Ranchi rain
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer