Demonstration by Ajsu demanding special status for Jharkhand
Ranchi: The Ajsu party on Tuesday staged demonstrations at headquarter towns of all 24 districts of Jharkhand demanding special status category for the state as it fulfills all criteria.
Leading the demonstration in Ranchi, party president and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto claimed that Jharkhand fulfilled all yardsticks for a special status state as per the Gadgil Formula.
Submitting a memorandum to Governor Syed Ahmed through Ranchi Deputy Commissioner Vinay Kumar Choubey, Mahto also referred to the recent report of the Raghuram Rajan Committee, which placed Jharkhand in the fifth place among backward states in the country.
Mahto, who called a statewide bandh on March 2 to press for his party`s demand, also alleged the people of the state were not getting certificates pertaining to caste, birth, death and scholarship on time and effective implementation of other welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi