FIR against former CM Marandi for violating prohibitory orders
Medininagar: An FIR has been
lodged against Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) chief
Babulal Marandi for allegedly violating prohibitory orders
under 144 CrPC clamped in Medinanagar following violence
during an eviction drive, official sources said on Saturday.
The FIR was lodged on the directive of Additional
District Magistrate, Mukul Kumar Pandey.
Marandi, a former chief minister, had addressed a public
meeting at Sahitya Samaj Ground without permission of the
administration yesterday though the prohibitory order was in
Marandi, who has been protesting against the ongoing
eviction drive today staged a dharna in Medininagar demanding
rehabilitation of the affected people before uprooting them.
Later, addressing a press conference here, Marandi
slammed the Arjun Munda government for lacking vision as far
as development of the mineral-rich Jharkhand was concerned.
The prevailing situation could led to President’s
rule, he said and claimed that coalition partners of the
BJP-led Jharkhand government were not happy with the
Marandi said the government should convene a special
session of the assembly to discuss the eviction issue which
had claimed six lives.
Jharkhand High Court has directed the government to
evict people settled illegally but it never restricted the
government to rehabilitate those people, Marandi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi