FIR against former CM Marandi for violating prohibitory orders
Medininagar: An FIR has been
lodged against Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) chief
Babulal Marandi for allegedly violating prohibitory orders
under 144 CrPC clamped in Medinanagar following violence
during an eviction drive, official sources said on Saturday.
The FIR was lodged on the directive of Additional
District Magistrate, Mukul Kumar Pandey.
Marandi, a former chief minister, had addressed a public
meeting at Sahitya Samaj Ground without permission of the
administration yesterday though the prohibitory order was in
Marandi, who has been protesting against the ongoing
eviction drive today staged a dharna in Medininagar demanding
rehabilitation of the affected people before uprooting them.
Later, addressing a press conference here, Marandi
slammed the Arjun Munda government for lacking vision as far
as development of the mineral-rich Jharkhand was concerned.
The prevailing situation could led to President’s
rule, he said and claimed that coalition partners of the
BJP-led Jharkhand government were not happy with the
Marandi said the government should convene a special
session of the assembly to discuss the eviction issue which
had claimed six lives.
Jharkhand High Court has directed the government to
evict people settled illegally but it never restricted the
government to rehabilitate those people, Marandi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?