FIR against former CM Marandi for violating prohibitory orders
Medininagar: An FIR has been
lodged against Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) chief
Babulal Marandi for allegedly violating prohibitory orders
under 144 CrPC clamped in Medinanagar following violence
during an eviction drive, official sources said on Saturday.
The FIR was lodged on the directive of Additional
District Magistrate, Mukul Kumar Pandey.
Marandi, a former chief minister, had addressed a public
meeting at Sahitya Samaj Ground without permission of the
administration yesterday though the prohibitory order was in
Marandi, who has been protesting against the ongoing
eviction drive today staged a dharna in Medininagar demanding
rehabilitation of the affected people before uprooting them.
Later, addressing a press conference here, Marandi
slammed the Arjun Munda government for lacking vision as far
as development of the mineral-rich Jharkhand was concerned.
The prevailing situation could led to President’s
rule, he said and claimed that coalition partners of the
BJP-led Jharkhand government were not happy with the
Marandi said the government should convene a special
session of the assembly to discuss the eviction issue which
had claimed six lives.
Jharkhand High Court has directed the government to
evict people settled illegally but it never restricted the
government to rehabilitate those people, Marandi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble