FIR against former CM Marandi for violating prohibitory orders
Medininagar: An FIR has been
lodged against Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) chief
Babulal Marandi for allegedly violating prohibitory orders
under 144 CrPC clamped in Medinanagar following violence
during an eviction drive, official sources said on Saturday.
The FIR was lodged on the directive of Additional
District Magistrate, Mukul Kumar Pandey.
Marandi, a former chief minister, had addressed a public
meeting at Sahitya Samaj Ground without permission of the
administration yesterday though the prohibitory order was in
Marandi, who has been protesting against the ongoing
eviction drive today staged a dharna in Medininagar demanding
rehabilitation of the affected people before uprooting them.
Later, addressing a press conference here, Marandi
slammed the Arjun Munda government for lacking vision as far
as development of the mineral-rich Jharkhand was concerned.
The prevailing situation could led to President’s
rule, he said and claimed that coalition partners of the
BJP-led Jharkhand government were not happy with the
Marandi said the government should convene a special
session of the assembly to discuss the eviction issue which
had claimed six lives.
Jharkhand High Court has directed the government to
evict people settled illegally but it never restricted the
government to rehabilitate those people, Marandi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das