First day bandh by Maoists peaceful, fails to evoke response
Ranchi: The first day of the 48-hour bandh called by the CPI (Maoist) to protest the killing of 10 of their cadres in Chatra last month, was incident-free and life remained normal in most parts of Jharkhand.
Barring rural areas of Naxal-affected districts, the bandh was a flop in towns, cities and the whole of Santhal Pargana comprising six districts, according to police sources.
In Latehar, the police said it had removed a Maoist poster calling the two-day Jharkhand and Bihar bandh.
The police escorted long distance buses between Dhanbad`s Barbadah to Topchanchi while security arrangements were tight along railway tracks and other important places.
Ten Maoists were killed by the Trititya Prastuti Committee, a break-away faction of the CPI(Maoist) in Chatra on March 28. The Maoist also killed five policemen in Gumla on April 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!