First day bandh by Maoists peaceful, fails to evoke response
Ranchi: The first day of the 48-hour bandh called by the CPI (Maoist) to protest the killing of 10 of their cadres in Chatra last month, was incident-free and life remained normal in most parts of Jharkhand.
Barring rural areas of Naxal-affected districts, the bandh was a flop in towns, cities and the whole of Santhal Pargana comprising six districts, according to police sources.
In Latehar, the police said it had removed a Maoist poster calling the two-day Jharkhand and Bihar bandh.
The police escorted long distance buses between Dhanbad`s Barbadah to Topchanchi while security arrangements were tight along railway tracks and other important places.
Ten Maoists were killed by the Trititya Prastuti Committee, a break-away faction of the CPI(Maoist) in Chatra on March 28. The Maoist also killed five policemen in Gumla on April 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you