Four Maoists convicted for 2007 massacre
Ranchi: A local court in Jharkhand on Wednesday convicted four Maoists for their involvement in the massacre of 19 people, who included former chief minister Babulal Marandi`s son Anu, in Giridih district in 2007, a lawyer said.
The Giridih district court also acquitted six people due to lack of evidence.
On October 26, 2007, around 100 Maoist guerrillas had raided Chilkhari village during a cultural programme and had killed 19 people. Nunu Marandi, the younger brother of Babulal Marandi, had managed to escape in the attack.
The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof