Four Maoists convicted for 2007 massacre
Ranchi: A local court in Jharkhand on Wednesday convicted four Maoists for their involvement in the massacre of 19 people, who included former chief minister Babulal Marandi`s son Anu, in Giridih district in 2007, a lawyer said.
The Giridih district court also acquitted six people due to lack of evidence.
On October 26, 2007, around 100 Maoist guerrillas had raided Chilkhari village during a cultural programme and had killed 19 people. Nunu Marandi, the younger brother of Babulal Marandi, had managed to escape in the attack.
The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!