Four Maoists convicted for 2007 massacre
Ranchi: A local court in Jharkhand on Wednesday convicted four Maoists for their involvement in the massacre of 19 people, who included former chief minister Babulal Marandi`s son Anu, in Giridih district in 2007, a lawyer said.
The Giridih district court also acquitted six people due to lack of evidence.
On October 26, 2007, around 100 Maoist guerrillas had raided Chilkhari village during a cultural programme and had killed 19 people. Nunu Marandi, the younger brother of Babulal Marandi, had managed to escape in the attack.
The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city