Girl attacked with blade on Valentine`s Day
Jamshedpur: A teenage girl was seriously injured at the uranium township of Jadugora in Jharkhand, about 30 km from here when she was attacked by a youth with a sharp blade on Valentine`s Day on Thursday for refusing to respond to him.
The incident took place when the 18-year-old girl was returning home at Jadugora colony with her brother and was intercepted by the youth who demanded to know why she did not respond to his advances, police said.
The 19-year-old youth, also a resident of the same colony, then whisked out a blade and attacked the girl injuring her in her throat.
The girl was rushed to the hospital, while search is for the youth who is absconding, the police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India