Hardcore Maoist held in Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh: The chief of Kishan
Krantikari Committee (KKC), a frontal organisation of the
Maoists, was arrested in Hazaribagh district, police said
Acting on a tip off, police arrested Ramchandra Thakur
from a forest adjoining Barkatha and Bagodar areas, SP Pankaj
Seven of his supporters who were with Thakur during the
arrest yesterday were also taken into custody but were later
released when they said they would stay away from the KKC,
The arrested Maoist had been campaigning among the
villagers to join the KKC, he said, adding the police seized
from him a bag containing the party`s mouthpiece Lal Chingari,
some leaflets, posters and other documents.
The SP said after interrogating Thakur, the police got
some vital information about the KCC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case