Hardcore Maoist held in Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh: The chief of Kishan
Krantikari Committee (KKC), a frontal organisation of the
Maoists, was arrested in Hazaribagh district, police said
Acting on a tip off, police arrested Ramchandra Thakur
from a forest adjoining Barkatha and Bagodar areas, SP Pankaj
Seven of his supporters who were with Thakur during the
arrest yesterday were also taken into custody but were later
released when they said they would stay away from the KKC,
The arrested Maoist had been campaigning among the
villagers to join the KKC, he said, adding the police seized
from him a bag containing the party`s mouthpiece Lal Chingari,
some leaflets, posters and other documents.
The SP said after interrogating Thakur, the police got
some vital information about the KCC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre