Hardcore Maoist held in Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh: The chief of Kishan
Krantikari Committee (KKC), a frontal organisation of the
Maoists, was arrested in Hazaribagh district, police said
Acting on a tip off, police arrested Ramchandra Thakur
from a forest adjoining Barkatha and Bagodar areas, SP Pankaj
Seven of his supporters who were with Thakur during the
arrest yesterday were also taken into custody but were later
released when they said they would stay away from the KKC,
The arrested Maoist had been campaigning among the
villagers to join the KKC, he said, adding the police seized
from him a bag containing the party`s mouthpiece Lal Chingari,
some leaflets, posters and other documents.
The SP said after interrogating Thakur, the police got
some vital information about the KCC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah