Jharkhand Assembly Speaker resigns
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker CP Singh Friday resigned from his post, a day after newly elected Hemunt Soren government won a vote of confidence in the House.
Singh handed over the letter to the Secretary of the assembly secretariat as there was no deputy speaker, a senior official in the secretariat said here.
In his address to the House yesterday, Singh had indicated his resignation saying he was heading toward winding up things.
Governor Syed Ahmed is scheduled to address the House on July 25.
Singh had won the Ranchi assembly seat on a BJP ticket in the 2009 polls.
Singh, who was elected to the post when the JMM was in the government along with the BJP, JDU and AJSU in September, 2010, yesterday described as hurtful comments by opposition leaders on his continuation after the Hemunt Soren government took over.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive