Jharkhand gets 10 IAS officers
Ranchi: Jharkhand got 10 more IAS officers with the approval of the Centre, easing the state from shortage of Indian Administrative Service officers, official sources said on Saturday.
While eight of them were of 2008 batch, two have been marked as 2009 batch.
In all, 11 Jharkhand Administrative Service officials were promoted in the rank of IAS, but one of them passed away recently, the sources said.
Notwithstanding the addition of 10 more officials, Jharkhand is well short of its approved strength of 208. Now it has only 77 IAS officers.
Besides, 12 IAS officers have gone on training while nine are on central deputation, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch