Jharkhand gets 10 IAS officers
Ranchi: Jharkhand got 10 more IAS officers with the approval of the Centre, easing the state from shortage of Indian Administrative Service officers, official sources said on Saturday.
While eight of them were of 2008 batch, two have been marked as 2009 batch.
In all, 11 Jharkhand Administrative Service officials were promoted in the rank of IAS, but one of them passed away recently, the sources said.
Notwithstanding the addition of 10 more officials, Jharkhand is well short of its approved strength of 208. Now it has only 77 IAS officers.
Besides, 12 IAS officers have gone on training while nine are on central deputation, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'