Jharkhand gets 10 IAS officers
Ranchi: Jharkhand got 10 more IAS officers with the approval of the Centre, easing the state from shortage of Indian Administrative Service officers, official sources said on Saturday.
While eight of them were of 2008 batch, two have been marked as 2009 batch.
In all, 11 Jharkhand Administrative Service officials were promoted in the rank of IAS, but one of them passed away recently, the sources said.
Notwithstanding the addition of 10 more officials, Jharkhand is well short of its approved strength of 208. Now it has only 77 IAS officers.
Besides, 12 IAS officers have gone on training while nine are on central deputation, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'