Jharkhand gets 10 IAS officers
Ranchi: Jharkhand got 10 more IAS officers with the approval of the Centre, easing the state from shortage of Indian Administrative Service officers, official sources said on Saturday.
While eight of them were of 2008 batch, two have been marked as 2009 batch.
In all, 11 Jharkhand Administrative Service officials were promoted in the rank of IAS, but one of them passed away recently, the sources said.
Notwithstanding the addition of 10 more officials, Jharkhand is well short of its approved strength of 208. Now it has only 77 IAS officers.
Besides, 12 IAS officers have gone on training while nine are on central deputation, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi