Jharkhand gets 10 IAS officers
Ranchi: Jharkhand got 10 more IAS officers with the approval of the Centre, easing the state from shortage of Indian Administrative Service officers, official sources said on Saturday.
While eight of them were of 2008 batch, two have been marked as 2009 batch.
In all, 11 Jharkhand Administrative Service officials were promoted in the rank of IAS, but one of them passed away recently, the sources said.
Notwithstanding the addition of 10 more officials, Jharkhand is well short of its approved strength of 208. Now it has only 77 IAS officers.
Besides, 12 IAS officers have gone on training while nine are on central deputation, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie