Jharkhand Maoists training children to plant bombs
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: After planting bomb inside the dead body of a soldier they killed in an ambush, the Maoists in Jharkhand have been found to working on a even sinister plan - training children to plant bombs.
The revelation was made by the Jharkhabd Police after a 10-year-old boy, Pardeshi Lohra, was killed during an exercise in Latehar district.
As per the police, Lohra was in a group of eight children abducted by Maoists to train them to plant bombs. Some children managed to escape.
"In Jharkhand, Maoists have been exposed and in many cases women cadre have been sexually exploited. Maoists are not getting youth for their cadre, so they are inducting children to be trained for different purposes," SN Pradhan, additional director general of police (law and order) and police spokesperson, told news agencies.
A police official involved in anti-Maoist operations told news agencies that raising a "children`s army" was not new for Maoists in Jharkhand. "Earlier, Maoists were using children to get information on police movement. Now they have changed their strategy and are abducting children from villages and training them to plant bombs," the official said.
Police said there have been reports that many children in Gumla and Lohardaga districts, fearing abduction by Maoists, have stopped going to school. According to police, Maoists have put up a poster at a Dumritarwan school in Chatra district, demanding 30 children. A school teacher spotted the poster Sep 17 and alerted police. Maoists are active in 18 of Jharkhand`s 24 districts.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!