Jharkhand Maoists training children to plant bombs
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: After planting bomb inside the dead body of a soldier they killed in an ambush, the Maoists in Jharkhand have been found to working on a even sinister plan - training children to plant bombs.
The revelation was made by the Jharkhabd Police after a 10-year-old boy, Pardeshi Lohra, was killed during an exercise in Latehar district.
As per the police, Lohra was in a group of eight children abducted by Maoists to train them to plant bombs. Some children managed to escape.
"In Jharkhand, Maoists have been exposed and in many cases women cadre have been sexually exploited. Maoists are not getting youth for their cadre, so they are inducting children to be trained for different purposes," SN Pradhan, additional director general of police (law and order) and police spokesperson, told news agencies.
A police official involved in anti-Maoist operations told news agencies that raising a "children`s army" was not new for Maoists in Jharkhand. "Earlier, Maoists were using children to get information on police movement. Now they have changed their strategy and are abducting children from villages and training them to plant bombs," the official said.
Police said there have been reports that many children in Gumla and Lohardaga districts, fearing abduction by Maoists, have stopped going to school. According to police, Maoists have put up a poster at a Dumritarwan school in Chatra district, demanding 30 children. A school teacher spotted the poster Sep 17 and alerted police. Maoists are active in 18 of Jharkhand`s 24 districts.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP