Jharkhand: Rajdhani, other trains held up following blockade
Ranchi: Several trains, including Rajdhani Express, have been stranded at various places following blockade put up at Parsabad Railway station in Koderma district by a BJP MLA and his supporters.
The BJP activists are demanding opening of a reservation counters at Parsabad station and stoppage of Mumbai-Howrah and other express trains at Parsabad station.
"BJP MLA Amit Yadav and about 500 of his supporters have squatted on both up and down tracks at Parasabad, over 140 km from here, since 5 am disrupting railway services," Rail Police Force Divisional Commander Shashi Kumar said.
New Delhi-Howrah, New Delhi-Sealdah, New Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express trains and several other trains have been held up at different points following their agitation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing