Jharkhand: Rajdhani, other trains held up following blockade
Ranchi: Several trains, including Rajdhani Express, have been stranded at various places following blockade put up at Parsabad Railway station in Koderma district by a BJP MLA and his supporters.
The BJP activists are demanding opening of a reservation counters at Parsabad station and stoppage of Mumbai-Howrah and other express trains at Parsabad station.
"BJP MLA Amit Yadav and about 500 of his supporters have squatted on both up and down tracks at Parasabad, over 140 km from here, since 5 am disrupting railway services," Rail Police Force Divisional Commander Shashi Kumar said.
New Delhi-Howrah, New Delhi-Sealdah, New Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express trains and several other trains have been held up at different points following their agitation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead