Jharkhand: Rajdhani, other trains held up following blockade
Ranchi: Several trains, including Rajdhani Express, have been stranded at various places following blockade put up at Parsabad Railway station in Koderma district by a BJP MLA and his supporters.
The BJP activists are demanding opening of a reservation counters at Parsabad station and stoppage of Mumbai-Howrah and other express trains at Parsabad station.
"BJP MLA Amit Yadav and about 500 of his supporters have squatted on both up and down tracks at Parasabad, over 140 km from here, since 5 am disrupting railway services," Rail Police Force Divisional Commander Shashi Kumar said.
New Delhi-Howrah, New Delhi-Sealdah, New Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express trains and several other trains have been held up at different points following their agitation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi