Jharkhand: Women priests conduct marriage
Jamshedpur: To give equal rights
to women in society, an NGO here has organised a marriage
under the supervision of a team of female priests here.
Organised by the Anand Marga Pracaraka Sangha, five
female priests, headed by Ananda Aradhna, solemnised the
marriage of a 29-year-old software engineer to a Kashmir-based
girl at Gujarat Sanatan Samaj auditorium here last night.
``The purpose of allowing female priests to conduct the
marriage was to express our support for equal rights for women
in society,`` Sunil Anand, AMPS secretary (public relations,
The NGO trained the women and accorded them the status
`Acharya` like their male counterparts and entrusted the
responsibility to perform religious and social functions.
Talking to newsmen, Shiv Kumar Singh, father of the
groom, said both families have agreed to solemnize the
marriage under the Anand Marg custom.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS