Jharkhand: Women priests conduct marriage
Jamshedpur: To give equal rights
to women in society, an NGO here has organised a marriage
under the supervision of a team of female priests here.
Organised by the Anand Marga Pracaraka Sangha, five
female priests, headed by Ananda Aradhna, solemnised the
marriage of a 29-year-old software engineer to a Kashmir-based
girl at Gujarat Sanatan Samaj auditorium here last night.
``The purpose of allowing female priests to conduct the
marriage was to express our support for equal rights for women
in society,`` Sunil Anand, AMPS secretary (public relations,
The NGO trained the women and accorded them the status
`Acharya` like their male counterparts and entrusted the
responsibility to perform religious and social functions.
Talking to newsmen, Shiv Kumar Singh, father of the
groom, said both families have agreed to solemnize the
marriage under the Anand Marg custom.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference