Jharkhand: Women priests conduct marriage
Jamshedpur: To give equal rights
to women in society, an NGO here has organised a marriage
under the supervision of a team of female priests here.
Organised by the Anand Marga Pracaraka Sangha, five
female priests, headed by Ananda Aradhna, solemnised the
marriage of a 29-year-old software engineer to a Kashmir-based
girl at Gujarat Sanatan Samaj auditorium here last night.
``The purpose of allowing female priests to conduct the
marriage was to express our support for equal rights for women
in society,`` Sunil Anand, AMPS secretary (public relations,
The NGO trained the women and accorded them the status
`Acharya` like their male counterparts and entrusted the
responsibility to perform religious and social functions.
Talking to newsmen, Shiv Kumar Singh, father of the
groom, said both families have agreed to solemnize the
marriage under the Anand Marg custom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog