JMM sure of ruling allies winning both RS seats
Ranchi: With the ruling BJP also announcing a candidate for the Rajya Sabha elections in Jharkhand, its ally Jharkhand Mukti Morcha on Thursday expressed confidence that the coalition partners could win both the seats in the biennial elections on May 3.
"The alliance is in a situation to win both the seats," JMM’s spokesman Suprio Bhattacharya told a news agency here.
The BJP has renominated SS Ahluwalia for one of the seats.
Ahluwalia, whose term ended on April 2, had not been considered for the March 30 polls, which was countermanded by the Election Commission following allegations of horse-trading.
Sanjeev Kumar is the JMM candidate.
The filing of nomination will continue till April 23 and scrutiny would be done the next day. The last date for withdrawal of papers is April 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis