JMM sure of ruling allies winning both RS seats
Ranchi: With the ruling BJP also announcing a candidate for the Rajya Sabha elections in Jharkhand, its ally Jharkhand Mukti Morcha on Thursday expressed confidence that the coalition partners could win both the seats in the biennial elections on May 3.
"The alliance is in a situation to win both the seats," JMM’s spokesman Suprio Bhattacharya told a news agency here.
The BJP has renominated SS Ahluwalia for one of the seats.
Ahluwalia, whose term ended on April 2, had not been considered for the March 30 polls, which was countermanded by the Election Commission following allegations of horse-trading.
Sanjeev Kumar is the JMM candidate.
The filing of nomination will continue till April 23 and scrutiny would be done the next day. The last date for withdrawal of papers is April 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued