JMM sure of ruling allies winning both RS seats
Ranchi: With the ruling BJP also announcing a candidate for the Rajya Sabha elections in Jharkhand, its ally Jharkhand Mukti Morcha on Thursday expressed confidence that the coalition partners could win both the seats in the biennial elections on May 3.
"The alliance is in a situation to win both the seats," JMM’s spokesman Suprio Bhattacharya told a news agency here.
The BJP has renominated SS Ahluwalia for one of the seats.
Ahluwalia, whose term ended on April 2, had not been considered for the March 30 polls, which was countermanded by the Election Commission following allegations of horse-trading.
Sanjeev Kumar is the JMM candidate.
The filing of nomination will continue till April 23 and scrutiny would be done the next day. The last date for withdrawal of papers is April 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state