JMM sure of ruling allies winning both RS seats
Ranchi: With the ruling BJP also announcing a candidate for the Rajya Sabha elections in Jharkhand, its ally Jharkhand Mukti Morcha on Thursday expressed confidence that the coalition partners could win both the seats in the biennial elections on May 3.
"The alliance is in a situation to win both the seats," JMM’s spokesman Suprio Bhattacharya told a news agency here.
The BJP has renominated SS Ahluwalia for one of the seats.
Ahluwalia, whose term ended on April 2, had not been considered for the March 30 polls, which was countermanded by the Election Commission following allegations of horse-trading.
Sanjeev Kumar is the JMM candidate.
The filing of nomination will continue till April 23 and scrutiny would be done the next day. The last date for withdrawal of papers is April 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city