Maoist arrested in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A Maoist, wanted in the 2004 Baliva land mine explosion that claimed the lives of 29 security personnel, was arrested from Digha in West Singhbhum district, a senior police officer said on Friday.
Acting on specific information, the district police and CRPF personnel conducted a raid yesterday and arrested the ultra, who was identified as Bishu Bodra, West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said.
Besides the Baliva incident, Bodra was also an accused in another murder case at Tirolposhi in the district last year, Kamboj said.
Bodra, who was arrested in connection with a naxal-related incident, was released from jail in adjoining Odisha last year, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report