Maoist arrested in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A Maoist, wanted in the 2004 Baliva land mine explosion that claimed the lives of 29 security personnel, was arrested from Digha in West Singhbhum district, a senior police officer said on Friday.
Acting on specific information, the district police and CRPF personnel conducted a raid yesterday and arrested the ultra, who was identified as Bishu Bodra, West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said.
Besides the Baliva incident, Bodra was also an accused in another murder case at Tirolposhi in the district last year, Kamboj said.
Bodra, who was arrested in connection with a naxal-related incident, was released from jail in adjoining Odisha last year, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees