Maoist arrested in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A Maoist, wanted in the 2004 Baliva land mine explosion that claimed the lives of 29 security personnel, was arrested from Digha in West Singhbhum district, a senior police officer said on Friday.
Acting on specific information, the district police and CRPF personnel conducted a raid yesterday and arrested the ultra, who was identified as Bishu Bodra, West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said.
Besides the Baliva incident, Bodra was also an accused in another murder case at Tirolposhi in the district last year, Kamboj said.
Bodra, who was arrested in connection with a naxal-related incident, was released from jail in adjoining Odisha last year, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations