Maoist arrested in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A Maoist, wanted in the 2004 Baliva land mine explosion that claimed the lives of 29 security personnel, was arrested from Digha in West Singhbhum district, a senior police officer said on Friday.
Acting on specific information, the district police and CRPF personnel conducted a raid yesterday and arrested the ultra, who was identified as Bishu Bodra, West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said.
Besides the Baliva incident, Bodra was also an accused in another murder case at Tirolposhi in the district last year, Kamboj said.
Bodra, who was arrested in connection with a naxal-related incident, was released from jail in adjoining Odisha last year, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured