Maoist blow up school building in Palamau
Ranchi: Maoists blew up a school building in Palamau, half an hour before their 24-hour
shutdown began in three states, police said here on Sunday.
A group of armed Maoists stuffed explosives in the school building around 11.30 pm last night and triggered the blast at Kanda village in Palamau district.
Meanwhile, security has been beefed up following the shutdown called by the CPI(Maoist) in Jharkhand, Bihar and Chhatisgarh to protest the arrest of one of their top
leader, Rajesh alias Uday, in Ranchi two days ago.
Rajesh carried a reward of Rs 5 lakh on his head and was wanted in Jharkhand and Chhatisgarh in connection with Naxal violence.
This is the seventh shutdown called by the Maoists this year and the first time that the ultras have called a 24-hour bandh this year, as against their earlier 48-hour or
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video