Maoists blow up school building, 2 held
Ranchi: Maoists blew up a school building
while two of their hardcore members were arrested with arms in
Jharkhand, police said today.
Armed Maoists went to Kanda village in Palamau and
raged the school building with explosives around 11:30 pm last
night, police said.
Meanwhile, police succeeded in nabbing top Maoist
leader of Andhra Pradesh Narsimha Reddy from Bokaro`s Upper
Ghat and a 9mm pistol, a laptop and naxal literature were
recovered from him, SP S K Singh said.
In another major catch, the security forces arrested
Ulas Majhi with weapons at Harsha village in Hazaribagh.
The rebels, who today observed a bandh in Jharkhand,
Bihar and Chhattisgarh to protest the arrest of its leader
Rajesh alias Uday in Ranchi two days ago, partially affected
life in the state.
Bus and truck operators did not ply vehicles, while
shops in Naxal pockets remained closed, according to reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18