Maoists blow up school building, 2 held
Ranchi: Maoists blew up a school building
while two of their hardcore members were arrested with arms in
Jharkhand, police said today.
Armed Maoists went to Kanda village in Palamau and
raged the school building with explosives around 11:30 pm last
night, police said.
Meanwhile, police succeeded in nabbing top Maoist
leader of Andhra Pradesh Narsimha Reddy from Bokaro`s Upper
Ghat and a 9mm pistol, a laptop and naxal literature were
recovered from him, SP S K Singh said.
In another major catch, the security forces arrested
Ulas Majhi with weapons at Harsha village in Hazaribagh.
The rebels, who today observed a bandh in Jharkhand,
Bihar and Chhattisgarh to protest the arrest of its leader
Rajesh alias Uday in Ranchi two days ago, partially affected
life in the state.
Bus and truck operators did not ply vehicles, while
shops in Naxal pockets remained closed, according to reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP