Maoists blow up school building, 2 held
Ranchi: Maoists blew up a school building
while two of their hardcore members were arrested with arms in
Jharkhand, police said today.
Armed Maoists went to Kanda village in Palamau and
raged the school building with explosives around 11:30 pm last
night, police said.
Meanwhile, police succeeded in nabbing top Maoist
leader of Andhra Pradesh Narsimha Reddy from Bokaro`s Upper
Ghat and a 9mm pistol, a laptop and naxal literature were
recovered from him, SP S K Singh said.
In another major catch, the security forces arrested
Ulas Majhi with weapons at Harsha village in Hazaribagh.
The rebels, who today observed a bandh in Jharkhand,
Bihar and Chhattisgarh to protest the arrest of its leader
Rajesh alias Uday in Ranchi two days ago, partially affected
life in the state.
Bus and truck operators did not ply vehicles, while
shops in Naxal pockets remained closed, according to reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read