Maoists gun down Cong leader in Jharkhand
Simdega (Jharkhand): A local Congress leader
was shot dead by the CPI (Maoists) in Lumbatoli village while
an ex-Congress MLA was threatened in Simdega district.
The victim, Hemant Bage, also the brother-in-law of
Sub-divisional officer of Simdega S Bhuiyan, was on way to
his in-laws` place when a group of ultras intercepted
his vehicle and shot him dead, Sub-divisional Police Officer
(Simdega), Varun Kumar said Monday
Kumar said the ultras than set the vehicle on fire along
with the body of Bage. Police recovered the half burnt
vehicle as well as Bage’s body today.
Kumar said the ultras have left behind posters owning
responsibility for the crime.
Police has launched a massive search operation in the area
to track down the ultras.
An ex-Congress MLA, Neol Tirkey of Tamra village was
yesterday threatened by the Maoists.
Police today recovered posters from the village cautioning
Tirkey not to speak against the Maoists or support Operation
Greenhunt and not to carry out development projects.
Earlier, the CPI (Maoists) had ordered Congress
party leaders and workers in Jharkhand, including those
of Palamu district Congress committee to snap ties with the
party or face the consequences.
The Maoists had gunned down the Dalbhumgarh Block
President of Congress, Gobardhan Mahali in Dalbhumgarh under
naxal-hit Ghatsila sub-division of East Singhbhum district on
March 30 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi