Marandi biggest winner in Jharkhand election
Ranchi: After staying in the shadow of BJP
for nearly three years, former Jharkhand chief minister
Babulal Marandi today emerged as the biggest winner of
assembly elections as his newly-floated Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric) won 10 seats.
"I stand by my principles ... I have been saying
Congress-JVM-P will emerge as the single largest alliance,"
Marandi told newsmen.
Congress had tied up with JVM(P) for the elections and
the party bettered its showing, moving from nine seats in 2005
to 14 this time.
Marandi, a former national vice-president of BJP and
union minister, besides being the first chief minister of
Jharkhand, was critical of NDA government`s performance
when Arjun Munda was reappointed as chief minister in 2005
after his removal from the top post.
In 2006, he floated JVM-P with five sitting BJP
MLAs Ravindra Rai, Vishnu Bhaiyya, Kunti Devi, Manohar
Tekriwal and Pradeep Yadav throwing their weight behind him.
Barring Pradeep Yadav, all left Marandi after JVM-P`s
debacle in 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
While Rai and Devi went back to BJP, Bhaiyya and
Tekriwal joined JMM. Only Devi and Bhaiyya could win their
their seats this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video