Naxal killed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A suspected Naxalite has been killed and another apprehended by the CRPF in Khunti district of Jharkhand early Tuesday.
Sources said security forces engaged Maoists in the forests of Lebed village during a search operation and in the ensuing firing, a Naxal leader identified as Ramesh Pahan was killed.
The body has been recovered, a security official said.
Another suspected Maoist, Lal Mohan Pahan, has been apprehended from the spot along with two .12 bore rifles by the security forces, which also included state police.
The location where the encounter took place had a Naxal hideout which was destroyed during the encounter by the security forces, the sources said.
Two IEDs were also recovered by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troops from Merwahi village of Sukma during a search operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur