Naxal killed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A suspected Naxalite has been killed and another apprehended by the CRPF in Khunti district of Jharkhand early Tuesday.
Sources said security forces engaged Maoists in the forests of Lebed village during a search operation and in the ensuing firing, a Naxal leader identified as Ramesh Pahan was killed.
The body has been recovered, a security official said.
Another suspected Maoist, Lal Mohan Pahan, has been apprehended from the spot along with two .12 bore rifles by the security forces, which also included state police.
The location where the encounter took place had a Naxal hideout which was destroyed during the encounter by the security forces, the sources said.
Two IEDs were also recovered by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troops from Merwahi village of Sukma during a search operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!