Naxals release four govt employees kidnapped in Jharkhand
Zee Media Bureau
Giridih: Four government employees who were kidnapped by Naxals in Jharkhand`s Giridih district have been released, reports said on Monday.
The four government officials were kidnapped on Saturday from a school in the Navkania village of the district`s Naxal-dominated Pirtand block.
Maoists had actually abducted five people in the Giridih district but later freed the driver of their vehicle.
Three of those are members of the Prime Minister Rural Development Fellowship programme.
After their abduction, the local police launched an operation to secure their release.
Kranti Kumar, the Superintendent of Police, Giridih told reporters that they were freed after an encounter between policemen and Naxals today, in which one jawan was killed.
The four had organised a camp at the school to collect applications for social security pensions and for some work related to the rural jobs scheme when they were taken away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- After Ajmal Kasab, another terrorist captured alive in J&K's Udhampur; 3 hostages rescued