Nine ex-AHD officials sentenced to prison in fodder scam
Ranchi: A CBI court on Tuesday sentenced nine
fodder convicts to prison for terms in between five and six
years besides penalising them of Rs five lakh in connection
with fraudulent withdrawal of about Rs 19.2 crore from Doranda
treasury here in the 1990s.
The special CBI court of A H Ansari, which yesterday
convicted 52 fodder scam accused and pronounced three years
sentence to eight fodder suppliers, today pronounced six years
rigorous imprisonment to former regional directors of the
Animal Husbandry Department (AHD) K M Prasad and Junul
Bhengraj and five years to ex-regional director K N Jha.
The other former AHD officials against whom the court
pronounced sentences are B B Prasad, R R Sahai, G S Prasad, B
B Singh, F K Tripathi and B N Sharma.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs five lakh against
each of them.
The judge has fixed tomorrow`s date to pronounce the
quantum of sentence against the remaining 35.
The CBI had booked the 52 people for conniving in
withdrawing the amount from Doranda treasury by producing fake
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets