Non-performing government in Jharkhand: Arjun Munda
Ranchi: Former chief minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday alleged that the UPA allies in the Hemant Soren government `failed` in their coordination to govern the state following contradictory statements by the allies and projects taken up by the previous government were non-starters.
"The (UPA) government in Jharkhand has completed 100 days, and during this period no projects taken up by the previous government were continued nor any new project have begun," Munda, a senior BJP leader, alleged at a press conference here.
Meanwhile, incidents of rape, murder, loot and foeticide have increased manifold on the outskirts of the state capital and in other districts, he claimed.
"I will write a letter to Chief Minister Hemant Soren on the rise of foeticide in the state (as well)," he said.
Stating that law and order situation was an indicator to a government`s sensitivity towards people`s welfare, Munda alleged that rampant illegal mining was taking place in three districts in the coal belt.
"Some of the previous government`s proposals like road projects, initiating skill development to five lakh youths per year the demand for a special economic package have been lagging behind," Munda said.
Describing the Coordination Committee of the ruling alliance as non-starter, Munda alleged even the Hemant Soren cabinet was not meeting every week.
"The cabinet should meet every week or at least once in 10 days. But we don`t find the cabinet meeting frequently," the BJP leader alleged.
On the reported controversy over auctioning of sand at various river-beds across the state allegedly going to the companies based in metro cities, he said auction rules should be made in a way so that local people could also get benefits from natural assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble