Non-performing government in Jharkhand: Arjun Munda
Ranchi: Former chief minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday alleged that the UPA allies in the Hemant Soren government `failed` in their coordination to govern the state following contradictory statements by the allies and projects taken up by the previous government were non-starters.
"The (UPA) government in Jharkhand has completed 100 days, and during this period no projects taken up by the previous government were continued nor any new project have begun," Munda, a senior BJP leader, alleged at a press conference here.
Meanwhile, incidents of rape, murder, loot and foeticide have increased manifold on the outskirts of the state capital and in other districts, he claimed.
"I will write a letter to Chief Minister Hemant Soren on the rise of foeticide in the state (as well)," he said.
Stating that law and order situation was an indicator to a government`s sensitivity towards people`s welfare, Munda alleged that rampant illegal mining was taking place in three districts in the coal belt.
"Some of the previous government`s proposals like road projects, initiating skill development to five lakh youths per year the demand for a special economic package have been lagging behind," Munda said.
Describing the Coordination Committee of the ruling alliance as non-starter, Munda alleged even the Hemant Soren cabinet was not meeting every week.
"The cabinet should meet every week or at least once in 10 days. But we don`t find the cabinet meeting frequently," the BJP leader alleged.
On the reported controversy over auctioning of sand at various river-beds across the state allegedly going to the companies based in metro cities, he said auction rules should be made in a way so that local people could also get benefits from natural assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing