Non-performing government in Jharkhand: Arjun Munda
Ranchi: Former chief minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday alleged that the UPA allies in the Hemant Soren government `failed` in their coordination to govern the state following contradictory statements by the allies and projects taken up by the previous government were non-starters.
"The (UPA) government in Jharkhand has completed 100 days, and during this period no projects taken up by the previous government were continued nor any new project have begun," Munda, a senior BJP leader, alleged at a press conference here.
Meanwhile, incidents of rape, murder, loot and foeticide have increased manifold on the outskirts of the state capital and in other districts, he claimed.
"I will write a letter to Chief Minister Hemant Soren on the rise of foeticide in the state (as well)," he said.
Stating that law and order situation was an indicator to a government`s sensitivity towards people`s welfare, Munda alleged that rampant illegal mining was taking place in three districts in the coal belt.
"Some of the previous government`s proposals like road projects, initiating skill development to five lakh youths per year the demand for a special economic package have been lagging behind," Munda said.
Describing the Coordination Committee of the ruling alliance as non-starter, Munda alleged even the Hemant Soren cabinet was not meeting every week.
"The cabinet should meet every week or at least once in 10 days. But we don`t find the cabinet meeting frequently," the BJP leader alleged.
On the reported controversy over auctioning of sand at various river-beds across the state allegedly going to the companies based in metro cities, he said auction rules should be made in a way so that local people could also get benefits from natural assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured