Opp stall Jharkhand Assembly, demand CBI probe into scams
Ranchi: Pandemonium prevailed in the
Jharkhand Assembly after Speaker C P Singh overruled the
Opposition`s adjournment motion demanding a CBI probe into the
tenure of all ex-chief ministers, ministers and officials in
the wake of a plethora of alleged scams rocking the state.
Immediately after Singh rejected the adjournment
motion moved by seven opposition members, the opposition MLAs
rushed to the well and squatted there, raising anti-government
CPI (ML-Liberation) legislator Vinod Kumar Singh read
the adjournment motion over the din even as the Speaker
persuaded the Opposition for an hour to resume their seats.
The House was adjourned for 35 minutes after the
leader of Opposition, R P Singh, asked the Speaker to bring
the House in order while Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
MLA Pradip Kumar Yadav prompted the Opposition to start
"parallel proceedings in the House as the Speaker is not
taking any decision".
The scene in the House did not change even after the
resumption, forcing the Speaker to adjourn for a second time
till after the lunch break, almost wiping out the entire
proceedings of the first half.
Among other points, the motion highlighted that an
ex-CM (Koda) and three former ministers were in judicial
custody in connection with disproportionate assets cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000