PLFI activist shot dead by `Maoists`
Gumla: Suspected Maoists killed a self-styled area commander of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), an ultra-left faction, at Kolambi-Dipatoli village in Gumla district, police said.
Chhotka Gop was visiting relatives yesterday and was confronted by armed men who opened fire when he tried to escape, they said.
CPI (Maoist) and PLFI were engaged in a turf war in Gumla district and it was being investigated whether the killers belonged to the rival faction, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened