PLFI activist shot dead by `Maoists`
Gumla: Suspected Maoists killed a self-styled area commander of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), an ultra-left faction, at Kolambi-Dipatoli village in Gumla district, police said.
Chhotka Gop was visiting relatives yesterday and was confronted by armed men who opened fire when he tried to escape, they said.
CPI (Maoist) and PLFI were engaged in a turf war in Gumla district and it was being investigated whether the killers belonged to the rival faction, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family