PM Narendra Modi pitches for centre, state partnership
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Ranchi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday reiterated the need for inclusive growth saying that if the country has to be taken India ahead, then it is essential to take the states along with.
“If we want to take India ahead, we have to take the states ahead, the prime minister said while addressing a rally in Jharkhand`s capital.
PM Modi today visited Ranchi to inaugurate a project of Power Grid Corporation of India and announce the commencement of work of NTPC`s North Karanpura Super Thermal Power Project (3X660 MW) .
Raking up the legacy of former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, Modi said Atal ji created Jharkhand with a dream that this land with rich natural resources will benefit the nation. “The mineral rich state has the capability to become among country`s most developed states,” Modi added.
“Be it east or west, north or south, the development of India must be balanced. Avenues of development in the east must increase,” the PM asserted.
The PM said, “The youth have immense talent and there is immense scope of development.” He promised to work on the possibility of opening of Indian Institute of Information Technology in Jharkhand.
PM Modi thanked the people for voting for the BJP in General Elections and said that the government is able to move quickly on key issues and take tough decisions as the electorate chose to vote for a stable government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened