PM Narendra Modi pitches for centre, state partnership
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Ranchi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday reiterated the need for inclusive growth saying that if the country has to be taken India ahead, then it is essential to take the states along with.
“If we want to take India ahead, we have to take the states ahead, the prime minister said while addressing a rally in Jharkhand`s capital.
PM Modi today visited Ranchi to inaugurate a project of Power Grid Corporation of India and announce the commencement of work of NTPC`s North Karanpura Super Thermal Power Project (3X660 MW) .
Raking up the legacy of former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, Modi said Atal ji created Jharkhand with a dream that this land with rich natural resources will benefit the nation. “The mineral rich state has the capability to become among country`s most developed states,” Modi added.
“Be it east or west, north or south, the development of India must be balanced. Avenues of development in the east must increase,” the PM asserted.
The PM said, “The youth have immense talent and there is immense scope of development.” He promised to work on the possibility of opening of Indian Institute of Information Technology in Jharkhand.
PM Modi thanked the people for voting for the BJP in General Elections and said that the government is able to move quickly on key issues and take tough decisions as the electorate chose to vote for a stable government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad