Policeman arrested for human sacrifice, skeletons recovered
Ranchi: A senior constable was arrested in Jharkhand`s Dhanbad district on charges of trying to sacrifice two girls, police said on Friday.
According to police, Munnilal, a senior constable, was arrested and two girls were recovered from his house on Thursday. The parents of the girls said the man intended to sacrifice the girls, and had tied their hands and legs and performed tantrik rituals over them.
Police sources said 11 skeletons were recovered from the house of Munnilal, who was arrested and interrogated.
The two girls, Seema, 7, and Choti, 4, were daughters of one Umesh Yadav. They were playing outside their house Thursday evening, when Munnilal allegedly took them to his house by offering them chocolates.
When girls did not return home till late evening, their family started searching for them, and found them in Munnilal`s house.
The family of the girls said Munnilal was getting the children ready for sacrifice to goddess Kali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list