Policeman arrested for human sacrifice, skeletons recovered
Ranchi: A senior constable was arrested in Jharkhand`s Dhanbad district on charges of trying to sacrifice two girls, police said on Friday.
According to police, Munnilal, a senior constable, was arrested and two girls were recovered from his house on Thursday. The parents of the girls said the man intended to sacrifice the girls, and had tied their hands and legs and performed tantrik rituals over them.
Police sources said 11 skeletons were recovered from the house of Munnilal, who was arrested and interrogated.
The two girls, Seema, 7, and Choti, 4, were daughters of one Umesh Yadav. They were playing outside their house Thursday evening, when Munnilal allegedly took them to his house by offering them chocolates.
When girls did not return home till late evening, their family started searching for them, and found them in Munnilal`s house.
The family of the girls said Munnilal was getting the children ready for sacrifice to goddess Kali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie