Public spat between Jharkhand CM and Congress MLA
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Chief
Minister Arjun Munda and Congress MLA K N Tripathy on Thursday had
an argument on stage over survey of BPL families after which
Tripathy boycotted a public function here.
Interrupting the chief minister`s speech from his seat
on the dais, Tripathy shouted alleging that the government had
not given any benefit to the 11 lakh BPL additional BPL
families which it added to the existing BPL least last year.
His protest came when Munda announced that another
survey of BPL families would take place in the second week of
"You can`t dictate a CM," Munda retorted as an annoyed
Tripathy walked off the stage in protest.
Later, the chief minister continued with his speech to
mark the "Palamau district Development Festival".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...