Public spat between Jharkhand CM and Congress MLA
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Chief
Minister Arjun Munda and Congress MLA K N Tripathy on Thursday had
an argument on stage over survey of BPL families after which
Tripathy boycotted a public function here.
Interrupting the chief minister`s speech from his seat
on the dais, Tripathy shouted alleging that the government had
not given any benefit to the 11 lakh BPL additional BPL
families which it added to the existing BPL least last year.
His protest came when Munda announced that another
survey of BPL families would take place in the second week of
"You can`t dictate a CM," Munda retorted as an annoyed
Tripathy walked off the stage in protest.
Later, the chief minister continued with his speech to
mark the "Palamau district Development Festival".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 81 percent polling in Bengal assembly polls phase five
- AIADMK government implemented several worker welfare schemes: Jayalalithaa
- Congress criticises Centre for not inquiring Vijay Mallya's transactions
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security