RS poll fiasco: Note counting machine found in CBI raids
Ranchi: CBI officials have found a note counting machine at one of the premises which they searched in the last two days across Jharkhand after allegations of horse-trading during the March 30 Rajya Sabha polls.
"During the course of our search we seized many things. One of these is a brand new note-counting machine," a senior CBI official told PTI, refusing to divulge the place from where it was found.
CBI teams yesterday raided the premises of three MLAs and two industrialists at Jamshedpur, Chaibasa, Palamau, Deogarh, Ranchi and Jamtara. The sleuths had seized documents, laptops, car, pen-drive and mobile details.
The MLAs are KN Tripathi (Congress), Suresh Paswan (RJD) and Vishnu Bhaiyya (JMM) while the industrialists are RK Agarwal and his daughter`s father-in-law RK Saha.
CBI on Sunday continued searches at the residence of Congress legislator KN Tripathy.
"Yesterday, we sealed the residence of KN Tripathy in Ranchi and today we opened it in his presence to search the place. We have went through his pass books, mobilephone details and other documents," the official said.
"Now we are studying all the documents and materials seized from all the places," he said.
To a query, he said the agency had not arrested anyone, but interrogated some of the accused.
Industrialist RK Agarwal was one of the independent candidates in the March 30 Rajya Sabha elections.
The biennial elections had been countermanded following allegations that certain candidates had tried to reach the Upper House through horse-trading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog