Soni Devi joins Congress’ women’s wing
Ranchi: Accusing BJP activists of hounding her after she claimed that Jharkhand Agriculture Minister Satyanand Jha as her "husband", Soni Devi has joined Mahila Congress, JPCC General Secretary Sailesh Sinha said on Tuesday.
"She has joined the Mahila (Women’s) Congress in the presence of Jharkhand Mahila Congress president Abha Sinha yesterday, seeking support in the face of problems being created by BJP activists following her claims," JPCC General Secretary Sailesh Sinha said here.
The 41-year-old para-teacher with a primary school had on August 18 claimed before the media in Dumka that she was separated from her former husband since 1994 and had "married" Jha a few years later and has a four-year-old son from the "second marriage".
However, the minister yesterday denied the allegation and expressed his readiness to undergo a DNA test to prove that he was not the father her child.
Jha said a conspiracy has been hatched by his political rivals to malign his image and he would retire from politics if found guilty.
Two separate courts in Jamtara directed the police to institute FIRs and inquire into the women?s claim after Soni Devi?s husband, Bhupen Choudhary, and the minister?s son moved the courts separately against the woman on August 24 for allegedly tarnishing the image of both Jha and Choudhary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire